“MONTE DAS ESCANXINAS”Perfect place in the "Golden Triangle" of ALGARVE for one or two Michelin Star Restaurants, which can be complemented with a Rural Hotel / Boutique Hotel.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION AND LOCATION
The "Monte das Escanxinas" is a unique centennial property, having a prestigious Portuguese Manor House of the XIX Century with 350 m2 and Dependencies / Secondary House with 300 m2, located on an adjacent land with 23,000 m2 of total area. The property is located in the Algarve within the "The Golden Triangle" which consists of Quinta do Lago, Vale do Lobo and Vilamoura and sits on the outskirts of Almancil, Loulé municipality. The property is also situated near the Ria Formosa Natural Park, Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago golf resorts and within walking distance to some of the best beaches of the Central Algarve. Faro International Airport is only 20 mins away by car.
VOCATION OF THE SENIOR HOUSE
The 19th century Manor House located in the "Monte das Escanxinas", is particularly suited to a restaurant of high refinement and distinction such as the famous restaurant "Le Cinq" in Paris, classified with three Michelin stars.
At the same time as the exquisite Restaurant, the Manor House can be used for other business, such as an elegant Tea Room, an Art Gallery for the exhibition of Paintings, Sculptures, Tapestries and Weaving, or a Gourmet Store for traditional products of great quality.
The Manor House can also serve as a Cultural Centre to support the Rural Tourism (e.g. Countryside Hotel / Historical Hotel / Boutique Hotel) to be held in the adjacent land.
The Manor House can also be used as an Exclusive Private Members Club, creating a meeting place in the Algarve and a forum for business and cultural exchanges for foreign resident tourists.
The Dependencies / Secondary Home may be used for residential or commercial purposes, supporting the Manor House.
A second Gourmet Restaurant with 300m2 or more, equipped with a wine tasting cellar, can be designed and built in front of the Mediterranean Tradition Garden. This sits next to the Entrance Courtyard and within walking distance of the Old Circular "Eira", (old agricultural flooring for cereals), where it would be possible to construct an outdoor terraced area of 300m2, in the style of the restaurant installed in "Pavillon Ledoyen" in Paris, also classified with three Michelin stars.
A Restaurant of high refinement and distinction can be installed in the Manor House of the "Monte das Escanxinas" and if ran by a prestigious and innovative Chef, could soon be classified with two Michelin Star Guide, in turn becoming a point of reference of the "Golden Triangle". There is currently no restaurant of this standard located here, offering a great opportunity and opening.
In order to establish a valued dialogue between the classic and the modern, the construction of the second Gourmet Restaurant should be of the four-water pavilion type, made with steel and wood structures.
* Total area of 23,000 m2;
* Prestigious Portuguese House of the XIX Century, with 350 m2, with thick primitive stone walls, structural reinforcement of Italian carbon fibre network, structure of the roof made of glued laminated wood of Finland, internal height of 4 m, large entrance hall, 12 rooms, 4 bathrooms, kitchen, pantry, laundry and attic. Estremoz Portuguese marble floors, walls and ceilings with decorative plaster frames, classic Venetian art paintings, and blue and white Portuguese tile panels from the 18th century. Finishes of the highest quality and refinement;
* Dependencies / Secondary House with 300 m2, two rooms, three rooms, two W.C., a balcony / mezzanine, kitchen, laundry, basement with four divisions and parking space for four cars;
* Perimeter fencing with heavy wrought iron railings, 100 m long;
* Largo 360º Entrance Hall, access through heavy wrought iron gate, curved pediment with the Heraldry of Monte das Escanxinas, classic turrets, grey sienito floor of Monchique, Portuguese 18th century tile panels, main staircase in stone of Lioz;
* Two secondary gates in massive artistic iron and steel, one being independent
* Private Parking with 650 m2, for 40 cars;
* Large Panoramic Terrace with 500 m2, with classic turrets, floors made with handmade tiles of Mediterranean terracotta, and drainage network of rainwater
* Mediterranean garden with 900 m2 (It is necessary to complete the system of irrigation and the planting of trees and shrubs);
* Octagonal Viewpoint with 70 m2, in the style of a 19th Century Fresco House with 3 toilets and a cistern with 40 000 litres of water”