Help us find an investor for this property.
FOR SALE: "The Illustrious House of Ramires" - House of the Tower of the Lagariça
Classified as Public Interest Property since September 19th, 1977 as per Decree No. 129/77, DR, 1st series, No. 226 of September 29th, 1977.
The House of the Tower of Lagariça served the writer Eça de Queiroz as a visiting place and inspiration for the novel "The Illustrious House of Ramires" .
The construction of the Lagariça Tower took place in the first half of the 12th century.
The tower is a solid military turret with square plan lines, which served as a watch and prison point, and later with the house built around the tower became the home of the lords of Torre da Lagariça.
The tower would aim to defend the Douro line at the time of the Christian reconquest, serving as a watchtower, but its military function lost its meaning with the establishment of the northern borders.
In the 16th Century the Tower of the Lagariça was acquired by the emblazoned family Pinto, lords of the Tower of the Tea and of the Palace of Covelas.
Located in the parish of S. Cipriano, in the Municipality of Resende, the GPS coordinates are: 41 ° 03'37.1 "N 7 ° 59'57.3" W
In addition to the "Illustrious House", the farmhouse features beautiful fields and fruit trees. Eira Velha, the highest point of the farm where is said to be the place where Eça sat down to admire the landscape and write the novel. The niches of Via Sacra, the Tank of the Myrtles, romanticism inspired gardens, the woods with stone benches, and a replica of the tower that served as a dovecote.
Bibliography and Sources:
- Route of the Portuguese Military Monuments, Lisbon, 1948, ALMEIDA, João de
- Resende and its History, 1994, DUARTE, Joaquim Correia
- The Illustrious House of Ramires, 1986, QUEIROZ, Eça de