The farmhouse/farm (Quinta, in Portuguese) is located in the COUNTY of Miranda do Corvo, district of Coimbra.
The mansion dates from the 17th century and It has always been a private home and farm, with large vineyards.
This farm is well known for its excellent wines that have been produced over 200 years
and currently they are the best wines of the best breeds, (national touriga, cabernet, merlot, fernão sauts and castelões). The vineyards produces about 10 000l, and its all prepared in the wine cellar.
Olive oil is also produced on the farm and the original (olive oil) winery is still well maintained, although is not currently used, it c an be seen / visited as a museum.
The mansion was probably built in the 16th century and renovated / expanded to its present form in the year 1777. The coat of arms is situated above the main entrance in the courtyard, and is the last remaining in the parish which was established by its chapel, which is presided over by a beautiful image of Nossa senhora do Socorro (a portuguese religious figure).
Over time The Farm Quinta ( A Quinta) has been the scene of several historical events. At the time of the French invasions in Portugal (1807-1811), the mansion served as a refuge for the local population, protecting them from the fury of the French troops who invaded the entire region.
Meanwhile, with time passing by it has done other shell-works/construction, such as: swimming pool, rooms for local accommodation, industrial kitchen, tent with air conditioning for events, several wcs, riding stables, workshop, an atelier, interior garden with lawn, kennel for dogs.
Quinta is in a local flat, with good sun exposure, good access and a quiet area with lots of privacy.
Come live in a house with coat of arms, next to nature.
Schedule your visit without any commitment.