The São Gonçalo farm is on the wine region of Douro, is about 1 km of the historical centre of Vila Flor and 1,5 km of the highway that makes the connection to Spain (30 minutes) and Oporto (90 minutes), and it is one of oldest properties of that region.
The several tumbles in the local museum connect the farm to the grandson of Marquês de Pombal , having several owners since the eighteenth century (between them the Real Companhia Velha and the Granjal Farm).
In an alliance between tradition and modernity, the São Gonçalo Farm has an huge capacity to produce table wine and Oporto wine, becoming an investment of great potential in this sector.
7,5 Hectares of usable area
7 hectares of new vineyards, with the benefit of being planted for about 2 years ago (half of white grapes, with viosinho castes, gouveio do Douro e rabigato, and another half of red grapes, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Touriga Franca)
About 3.000 m2, that includes the following buildings
- Wine Cellar
- Main house
- Caretaker’s house
- Support house to the wine cellar
- Overview house
- Dovecote for 250 nests
- House for the water tank
- Two underground wine cellar : one with the capacity for 10.000 bottles, with water mine, buried on the vineyard and other on the first floor of the main house
- Facilities for animals and storage areas
- 3 buildings for storage areas across the farm
The wine cellar is composed by 4 areas divided into several constructions:
- Vinification sector for red wine (4 stainless steel tanks with the capacity for 25 000 liters, totaling 100 000 liters) and white wine (3 tanks with the capacity for 36 000 liters each, totaling 108 000 liters) with the capacity of total fermentation, per period, for 208 000 liters.
- Storage sector for Oporto wine in wood barrels with the capacity for 750.000 liters. Storage in stainless steel tanks, excluding the fermentation barrels, with a capacity for 800 000 liters.
- Stage sector of the bottles – 4 wide partition semi-underground, builded in reinforced concrete.
- Bottling/ packaging sector with wide range.
- Total electrification of the farm
- 3 water boreholes, but it is only necessary one to supply the farm.
- 3 irrigation tanks in reinforced concrete
- Internal water system – farm with lot of water
- All the access and circulation routes of the farm are in granite blocks
- The retaining walls are made of schist and reinforced concrete
Area of land (ha): 7,5
Building area m2: 2800